Reporting to the Principal and Vice Principal, the Infant Educator is responsible for the care, supervision and management of a class of infants/toddlers (2 - 18 months) in accord with the goals and curriculum plan of the education centre.
- Plan, supervise and implement the programme for the class in accordance with centre’s policies and framework.
- Carrying out routine care duties.
- Create an open, friendly, and cooperative atmosphere in which children and parents feel comfortable and secure.
- Responsible for the safety and hygiene of the children.
- Provide experiences that promote individual expression through conversation, play, and creative interaction.
- Complete progress reports and prepare a developmental portfolio for each child.
- Ensure that parents receive adequate information about their child’s progress at the centre.
- Assist the child in coping with anxiety during the transition phase (separation from parents when placed into infant care school)
- Certifications in Early Childhood Care & Education (HCIC/CIT +EYDF/ACEY)
- Possess Fundamentals or Certificate in Preschool teaching
- First Aid Certification will be an advantage
- Experience in toddler care will be an advantage
- Passionate in nurturing infants and toddlers
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills