Preschool teachers have a significant role to play in the care and education of the preschool aged children and toddlers at the Centre because of the direct involvement, close proximity and extent of interaction between the teachers and the children under their charge.
- Plan, supervise and implement the programme for the class in accordance with centre’s policies and framework.
- Prepare and implement the programs and age-appropriate teaching aids.
- Set up and create a stimulating and engaging pleasant learning environment that promotes learning.
- Keep accurate records of children’s progress and address the children's educational and developmental needs individually.
- Complete progress reports on children for each semester and prepare a developmental portfolio for each child.
- Communicate with the parents by writing comments on the child's well-being, progress, etc. in the Parents-Teacher Communication Booklet. Check this Communication Booklet daily for messages, and/or comments from the parents.
- Build and maintain close partnership with parents.
- Responsible for all aspects of classroom management and carry out routine care duties to ensure safety and hygiene of the children.
- Work closely with the other teaching staff in the class in carrying out the duties.
- To undertake other related duties as and when assigned
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care Education / Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Certifications in Early Childhood Care Education (DPT/CPT/DPL/CIT/ACEY)
- Para Educators or Educators - Possess Fundamentals or Certificate in Preschool teaching
- First Aid Certification will be an advantage
- Minimum 1 year of experience in teaching in a childcare/preschool
- High tolerance threshold towards children Passionate in teaching
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skill