- As Centre Principal your role encompasses, but is not limited to, all aspects of the daily management of the childcare and/or infant care services in accordance with all relevant legislation, industry guidelines and policies and procedures.
- Lead strategic direction and overall management of the centre.
- Determine requirements that must be met regarding licensing, health and safety regulations from the start and local regulatory agencies.
- Work closely with agencies to meet requirements.
- Guide and monitor staff in teaching and planning for their individual professional development.
- Mentor the teachers to facilitate collaborative approaches to learning, teaching and evaluation so as to raise performance standards and competencies.
- Provide leadership for setting overall goals for the school as a basis for curriculum objectives.
- Prepare budget and control budget expenditures and manage disbursement of cash for purchases.
- Keep adequate records of income and expenditures.
- Prepare weekly or monthly reports required for the respective departments and management.
- Organise specific centre programs, initiatives and events.
- Ensure that the needs of children and parents are met.
- Handle centre administrative matters and enrolment.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education / Diploma in Early Childhood Education - Leadership
- Degree in Early Childhood Education will be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years of experience in teaching or managing a childcare/preschool
- A team leader as well as a team player
- Possess excellent written and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)